Current Chairperson/Board Vacancies
- Science Night and in-school assembly (Fall event) – a school favorite of parents and students! Coordinate with teachers to engage families in some Science fun
- Cultural Night and in-school assembly (Fall event) – explore ways to share different cultures with our school community
- Magnet Tours (Spring, approximately 6 mornings in Jan/Feb) – coordinate volunteers to help lead tours
- Family Field Day (Spring event, likely on the weekend) – a new event! Similar to our in-school Play Day (relay races, potato sack races, tug of war, etc.) but with the whole family
- Advocacy and Legislation (year-round) – keep up with issues that impact our schools and educate our PTO membership on ways they can take action
If you would like to get involved, please contact [email protected]
- Homeroom Parent – Homeroom Parents are the point of contact between the classroom teacher, the PTO, and other parents in the class. Homeroom Parents work closely with the teacher to coordinate class celebrations, enrichment activities, and other events at the teacher’s guidance (and when deemed safe to do so in accordance with DCPS policy). Homeroom Parents also lead teacher appreciation activities including Teacher Appreciation Week in May and teacher birthdays. This volunteer opportunity is a fun way to work closely with your child’s teacher and get to know the class community (students and parents)! Feel free to team up with another parent (or more!) to fill this role jointly. This WORLD-CLASS team needs a good pilot to help organize the class network, enhance teacher-family-PTO communication, and encourage community & connection. If interested, please inform your child’s teacher and email [email protected] with your name, contact information (email/phone), and your assigned teacher. Then just await further information about a Homeroom Parent orientation. With your help, we’ll zoom through this year!
Look for a sign-up sheet at orientation to sign up as a HR Parent.